From the St. Charles Community Mental Health Board
For Parents of Preschool & Elementary School Students
- Review and/or empty papers from the take-home folder after school each day.
- Daily, read teacher school, and district messages that are emailed or sent through an electronic portal to parents.
- Tell your children specific expectations you have for after-school routines, such as playing outside, eating a snack, completing homework, participating in extracurricular activities, etc.
For Parents of Middle & High School Students
- Encourage the use of a paper of electronic calendar/planner to keep track of assignments and other time commitments
- Talk about how to break down large assignments into smaller parts with deadlines for each step.
- Help your tweens and teens determine the time slots they have available to do homework and how much time is required for other activities on their calendar (including travel time.)
Submitted by Tri-Family Services. Learn more at https://www.tricityfamilyservices.org