So many good things happened in our city last year. Here’s a look at 2014 in review:
- Developers of The QUAD broke ground on Sept. 3 as site and utility work began outside. Site work will continue this spring, followed by work on the actual structure. The QUAD has an anticipated 2016 opening.
- New businesses opened from east Main Street to Randall Road and everywhere in between. For the sixth consecutive year, the city has frozen its operating levy, keeping the City’s portion of property taxes constant.
- Infrastructure improvements rolled on, including:
- Completion of a new $.8.8 million Biosolids and Operations Building at the Main Wastewater Treatment Plant.
- $1 million replacement and improvement of the north Municipal Parking Lot.
- Resurfacing of South Tyler Road with a $500,000 matching State grant.
- The City was recognized with several awards and accreditations, including:
- The Police Department renewed accreditation through the Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies and finished 3rd in the Champion Class Category of the 2013 Illinois Traffic Safety Challenge sponsored by the Illinois Association of Chiefs of Police Traffic Committee.
- Our Emergency Management Agency (EMA) earned accreditation through the Illinois EMA.
- Our electric utility received the Municipality of the Year award from the Illinois Municipal Electric Agency.
- The City’s Comprehensive Annual Financial Report for the year ended April 30, 2013, received its 28th consecutive Certificate of Achievement from the Government Finance Officers Association of the United States and Canada.
- Our Workplace Wellness program was recognized as a stand-out by the TriCity Family Services Employee Assistance Program.
Here’s to a great 2015 in St. Charles!